Use case: When user want to get the test suite execution data into .xls or pdf format along with the execution details, then there is option of test suite execution screen which allow this export.
After clicking on the “Export” option a new window will popup which shows multiple options which helps the user to export the test suite on customized form.
Details of the options:
- All records – radio button:
- This gives the count of test suites to export.
- It shows the count of test suites for which user want an exported data. Suppose user selects few test suites and click on export, this will show the selected test suite count.
- Export test suite runs with steps in single rows:
- This export the test suite containing the test cases with steps in single rows along with the execution runs.
- Export test suite runs with steps in multiple rows:
- This export the test suite containing the test cases with steps in multiple rows along with the execution runs.
- This is the best practice as this will also help to import the same.
- Export without steps:
- This can export the test suite containing test cases without steps.
- The export does not contain test cases steps and run details, it contains the test case details.
- Field Export option – 1. Visible fields and 2. All fields:
- For Visible fields option the export will contain all the field which are visible in grid, not the one which are hidden. (Unhide the columns to make it appear in the export)
- All fields option allows the exports with all the fields which are hidden as well as on the grid or visible.
- Choose export format:
- Qmetry supports export for .xls and .pdf format.
Please see below screenshot for understanding.
The below screenshot is for test suite execution screen. The individual test suite execution can be possible from test suite execution screen.
Import on test suite module:
- The direct import of test cases executions can be possible on test suite module.
- The single row and multiple rows options helps to import the test suite executions on the basis of how is the file is there for import. If it contains single line test steps or multiple lined test steps.
- Change the Status of Testcase or Testcase Step based on the type of export and import it.
- Choose a file to import as specified on the “Choose files” button.
Please see screenshot below.