Link a "Test Case" to a "Requirement"
- Create a Test Case like a normal practice.
- Open the newly created test case.
- On the top tabular bar you can see a tab called "Link" with small drop arrow.
- The drop down will give you two options "Test Suites" & "Requirements".
- Click on "Requirements" which again gives two options "From Grid" and "By ID".
- "From Grid" - This option will open a new window in which all the requirements are visible in a Grid form for linking.
- You can select to which requirement the selected test case should get linked.
- There is also an option to search the requirement from the grid.
- In the same window a small window at the bottom shows already linked requirements for that particular Test Case.
- "By ID" - If you already know the ID of the requirement to which you want to link a test case then you can provide the ID and get linked.
Please see the below screenshots for crystal clear understanding.
Screenshot -1 : Select Test case
Screenshot -2 : Link Requirement
Screenshot -3 : You can also link from here. (Another option of linking a requirement.)
Screenshot -4 : Procedure to link Requirement to a Test case.
Screenshot -6 : Link by ID, If you know the ID of Requirement.