QMetry 7.5.1 Introduction
Version : 7.5.1, Released for On Premise : Nov 8, 2017
QMetry is proud to announce the latest release for QMetry Test Management - v7.5 for all it's customers. The new release focuses on important security updates and performance improvements.
Support for SAML
- Added support for SAML Authentication through Okta and Ping Identity (Ping One).
Improved Audit Trails
- Enabled audit trail for tracking movement of Test cases between folders.
- Enabled audit trail of folders.
- Fixed bug that did not record audit activity for few testcase fields.
- Bulk edit of Test Cases & Requirements
- Faster execution of Testcases and status calculation.
- Quicker Import / Export of Test Assets via Excel.
- Optimized Domain Clone
- Faster and Secure addition of new users.
- Improved syncing of JIRA issues to QMetry - Combined multiple requests to JIRA.
- Add to scope of test assets would be a background operation. Users will be notified through an email once the operation is completed.
- Added new report 'Global search for Test case, Test suite and Platform' to search the entities across domains.
- Add new report "Folders Audit Trail" and "Folder Audit trail for Assigned Projects".
- Added ability to open and save a Test case in HTML format for print.
- Added option to mark test executions as Manual or Automation on execution screen.
- Added column for entity key on the children section of Parent Test case.
- Enhanced performance for bulk execution of Test cases through Platform Matrix.
- Automation execution via Agent would be scheduled as per the user's profile timezone settings.
- Fixed bug that intermittently gave exception while creating testcases, due to table lock errors.
- Fixed bug that intermittently gave exception while activating a deactivated user, due to table lock errors.
- Fixed bug that prevented re-import of Test Cases from excel, if JIRA’s component value already exists in QMetry component list.
- Fixed bug that prevented testcase to be updated, post bulk operations.
- Fixed bug that prevented deletion of an archived release.
- Fixed bug that prevented roles to be saved for report module.
- Fixed bug that sent incorrect "edited date" in the Testcase email notification.
- Fixed bug that prevented reordering of testcases in a test suite.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly calculated uncovered testcase status.
- Fixed bug that reset the focus of testcase step during execution on Testcase execution screen.
REST API Changes
- There have been changes in the REST API's response structure. Download the latest REST API guide from here. Below are the API's that changed.
- Delete Requirement Folder
- Get Testcase Run Id using Testcase id
- List Custom List Values
- Link Requirement to Issues
- Search Testcase
- Authentication using Usertoken
- Support for usertoken authentication would be deprecated from our upcoming releases therefore we strongly recommend to use apiKey based authentication instead of Usertoken.
Installation & Upgrade Changes
Application server for QMetry is changed to Tomcat from Payara, as Tomcat is the most widely used application server in development community because it is a light weight container which offers better performance, higher security and scalability.
If you wish to upgrade to the latest version write us at email@example.com mentioning your current version. QMetry Support should provide you the upgrade guide and along with downloads.