Here is the official link to Release Note 7.3, below is a quick summary for the Release 7.3.
Version : 7.3.06.11, Released for OnPrem : Mar 24, 2017; SaaS : Mar 26, 2017
QMetry is proud to announce version 7.3 which comes with fantastic new features, a lot of enhancements, and some bug fixes for all QMetry Test Management (QTM) users.
Added ability to map JIRA’s Sprint field with custom lookup list field.
User Story : As a QA Manager I am managing JIRA User stories in QMetry as Requirements and want to filter them based on the Sprint. To achieve this JIRA “Sprint” field can now be mapped with a QMetry Look up list UDF.
Added New Reports
Testcase Issue Summary which provides data of all issues linked to the testcases
Testsuite Issue Summary which provides data of all issues linked to the testcases in current cycle along with testsuite details.
Added Nomenclature support to Reports
QMetry provides flexibility to rename System Fields as per the nomenclature used in the organization, which was not supported for Reports earlier. Now the reports would reflect the customized nomenclature.
Added percentage columns on the summary grid for system reports.
Added “Automation Test Coverage” reports that would highlight the execution trend with respect to Automation and Manual
New “Automation Test Coverage” reports that would highlight the execution trend with respect to Automation and Manual. These reports will provide a better view to Project/QA Manager on how much automation is achieved in test execution so that they can manage workload on manual testing team. The report shows Automation vs. Manual testing of total testing efforts.
User Story : As a Project/QA Manager I want a report that can show how much automation is achieved in test execution so that I can address increasing workload on manual testing team.
Ability to set Build field mandatory on execution screen.
QA manager will have the ability to set build as mandatory field, so that whenever tester executes the test cases they are promoted to select build against which the scenarios are tested. This would indirectly help QA manager to get the desired build reports for the sprint.
User Story : As a QA manager, I want to make it mandatory for testers to select a build on which the test cases are being executed.
Added ability to update test case fields for already executed versions without compromising the executions status
Users will be able to update ONLY the test case fields (not testcase steps) for executed test cases without creating a new version or compromising the executions status.
User Story : As a tester I want to update the testcase fields and view the changes on all the testsuites without having to reset the testcase execution status to not run.
Added permissions to allow/restrict testers to reset testcase status to Not Run in current/all cycles.
User Stories : • As a QA Manager I want to restrict testers from creating a new version of testcase without resetting the execution status to not run in current cycle. • As a QA Manager I want to restrict testers while scoping a new version of testcase without resetting the execution status to not run in current cycle. • As a QA Manager I want to restrict testers from pulling a new version of testcase from Parent without resetting the execution status to not run in current cycle.
Added ability to import test executions results directly into QMetry using Rest API
Automation engineers using Junit framework can now import their test executions results directly into QMetry, without having any prior test assets to be present in QMetry. They can simply import Test Result file generated which would automatically create the testcase and test suites with appropriate details.
User Story : As a Tester I want import the result file to QMetry through Rest API which contains execution statuses which are executed by my colleague.
Added permissions to create public views. By default all views will be created as private.
User Story : As a QA Manager I want to restrict creation of public views that may confuse all the users.
Added ability that allows users to see only those attachments which are attached from QMetry and not imported from any integration tracker
User Story : As a Tester I want to easily view only those attachments that are attached from QMetry so that I can link them easily to Test assets.
Added ability for “Admin” user to send emails to all or selected users from QMetry. (Only for installed version.)
User Story : As a System Admin I want send an announcement or notification to all or selected QMetry Users.
Added “Execution Report” that displays Platform Matrix view on Test Suite detail window.(This improvement is only for customer who have Parent Child sync status feature enabled).
User Story : As a QA Manager/Tester I want to see the progress of a particular Testsuite on a report similar to Platform Matrix view so that I can understand it immediately.
Added issue state field on Issue Asset window in read only format.
Added Jira issue state field on the issue detail screen, that would allow testers to track the status of the Jira issues from QMetry.
Improved QMetry - JIRA integration
Improved QMetry - JIRA integration by restricting to single project integration at a time that will increase the overall performance. This would boost the Refresh Attribute process to complete faster as it would run only for the integrated projects.
- Improved performance of Login-Logout Report.
- Improved performance for recently used scopes option.
- Added new logos of QMetry Test Management.
- Added action button that allows to quickly Link Test cases through “Link Test case to Test suite screen”.
- Added ability to filter Sync status column on Test case module.
- Added ability that allow admins to increase the Field length of a Platform Attribute.
- Added ability that allow admins to delete unused platforms.
- Added Duration column to linked platform section on Test suite detail screen to show the total time spent for the execution of the platform on Test suite. Duration = End Time – Start Time.
- Added “Actual Setup Time” column on execution screen. Renamed existing “Actual Execution Time” column to “Actual Attended Time”(This improvement is only for customer who have Parent Child sync status feature enabled).
- Added Testsuite Filter on Technician Hours Report (This is only for customer who have Parent Child sync status feature enabled).
- The character limit for Version Comment field is increased from 255 to 1024 characters.
- User would be asked for a confirmation on Bulk Change of Status on platform matrix screen(This is only for customer who have Parent Child sync status feature enabled).
- Assign Tester feature will display the tester’s name on the confirmation message.
- Fixed bug that prevented “Copy To Scope” of Test Suites from Test suite List Grid.
- Fixed bug that did not allow Test Logs column to display on execution screen in default view.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly calculated “Online for” duration on the manage user screen.
- Fixed bug that created duplicate Test case steps while copy/paste the steps in the same test case.
- Fixed bug that prevented deletion of “Actual Execution Time” on the execution screen.
- Fixed bug that changed the focus on Test case step while execution.
- Fixed bug that did not link the test case to test suite in order after bulk linking.
- Fixed bug that displayed blank space on the right side of default view for each module.
- Fixed bug that hides menu and task bar when the module windows are maximized.
- Fixed bug that prevented restoring of the windows in the same size on maximizing them.
- Fixed default focus while adding Actual Outcome and Comments fields for Test case step on execution screen.
- Fixed bug that caused database deadlock resulting into JIRA outage.
- Fixed bug that prevented the Test cases to be appeared on execution screen.
- Fixed bug that caused Platform Matrix to open up blank.
- Fixed bug that displayed partial Execution Status arrow for Test case Step on Execution Screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented display of custom field on “Link Test case to Testsuite” window on the Test suite screen.
- Fixed bug that allowed updating “same” execution status for a Test case on the execution screen for the same build.
- Fixed bug that displayed incorrect Cycle Start Date and Cycle Target Completion Date.
- Fixed bug that displayed incorrect Online User Count & Time on License Details, Manage User Screen & Login – Logout Report.
- Fixed bug that displayed incorrect version of test case linked to the test suite on Test case view.
- Fixed bug that did not record the recently used scope.
- Fixed performance of recently used scope feature.
- Fixed bug that did not filter records in Login Logout report based on selected date range.
- Fixed bug that allowed creation of a TestSuite through API even if the parent folder id provided incorrect.
- Fixed bug that did not allow testers to edit Release details in IE.
- Fixed bug that caused misalignment of module grid columns in IE browser.
- Fixed bug that prevented display remote issue links of QMetry assets in JIRA.
- Fixed bug that prevented attachment of multiple files on execution screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented from creating bug if Issue Owner field is not in sync with JIRA assignee.
- Fixed bug that prevented the export of Test suite when accessed from an shared link.
- Fixed bug that prevented syncing of child test cases if the parent scope is locked.
- Fixed bug that prevented that did not generate the correct link while sharing folder via email.
- Fixed bug that froze the platform matrix screen during bulk execution.
- Fixed bug that delayed closing of test case detail window.
- Fixed bug that sent email notifications to the inactive users.
- Fixed bug that prevented cloning of domain structure.
- Fixed bug that distorted views for all the modules.